13th Argentine Symposium on Artificial Intelligence
27 - 28 August, 2012
La Plata - Argentina
ASAI, the Argentine Symposium on Artificial Intelligence, is an annual event intended to be one of the main forums of the Artificial Intelligence (AI) community in Argentina. The symposium aims at providing a forum for researchers and AI community members to discuss and exchange ideas and experiences on diverse topics of AI. Previous ASAI editions stimulated presentations on both applications of AI and new tools and foundations currently under development. ASAI 2012 will be held during 27th – 28th August 2012, in La Plata, Argentina, as part of the 41st Argentine Symposium on Informatics (JAIIO), organized by SADIO (Argentine Society for Informatics).
Special issue journal "Inteligencia Artificial" - SELECTED PAPERS
- "Argumentative Credibility-based Revision in Multi-Agent Systems", Luciano Héctor Tamargo, Alejandro Javier García, Matthias Thimm and Patrick Krümpelmann
- "SAX: a new and efficient assembler for solving DNA Fragment Assembly Problem", Gabriela Fabiana Minetti, Mario Guillermo Leguizamón and Enrique Alba Torres
- "Automated Task Rescheduling using Relational Markov Decision Processes with Logical State Abstractions", Jorge Andrés Palombarini and Ernesto Carlos Martínez
- "An Approach to Emotion-based Abstract Argumentative Reasoning", Santiago Emanuel Fulladoza Dalibón, Diego Martínez and Guillermo Ricardo Simari
- "An Analysis of the Impact of Estimating Ratings on Group Recommender Systems", Ingrid Christensen and Silvia Schiaffino.
- "A First Approach Towards Integrating Twitter and Defeasible Argumentation", Kathrin Grosse and Carlos Chesñevar.
1st Argentine School on Artificial Intelligence
27 - 31 August, 2012
La Plata - Argentina
The 1st Argentine School on Artificial Intelligence (EAIA), organized by the newly created Argentine Association of Artificial Intelligence (AAIA), will be co-located this year with ASAI. We anticipate a number of exciting academic activities at the AI school including courses and tutorials from international experts worldwide.
EAIA organizing committee: Ana Maguitman (LIDIA - UNS, ARGENTINA), Carlos I. Chesñevar (LIDIA - UNS, ARGENTINA), Diego Milone (FICH-UNL, ARGENTINA), Facundo Bromberg (UTN-FRM, ARGENTINA), Pablo Granitto (CIFASIS, ARGENTINA), Silvia Schiaffino (ISISTAN-UNICEN, ARGENTINA)
IMPORTANT! The due-date for requesting a scholarship for EAIA 2012 (see registration form) is August, 12th 2012 (deadline extended). The scholarships will be awarded subject to availability.
Lecture 1: Lógica e Inteligencia Artificial, Ricardo Rodriguez y Santiago Figueira (DC-FCEyN-UBA, Argentina)
Lecture 2: Text Mining, Facundo Bromberg (UTN-FRM, Argentina) y José Castaño (DC-FCEyN-UBA, Argentina)
[Examen Final] (fecha de entrega el día Lunes 1 de Octubre del 2012
Plenary Talk ASAI & EAIA: Flexible Behaviour Regulation, Michael Luck (King's College London, United Kingdom)
Tutorial 1: Metalearning, Andre de Carvalho (University of São Paulo, Brazil)
ASAI Organizing Committee
● Georgina Stegmayer (CIDISI - UTN-FRSF – CONICET)
● Marcelo Falappa (LIDIA - UNS – CONICET)
● Ana Casali (UNR, ARGENTINA)
● Alejandro J. García (LIDIA - UNS, ARGENTINA)
● Ana Maguitman (LIDIA - UNS, ARGENTINA)
● Ana Ruedin (DC-UBA, ARGENTINA)
● Bruno Cernuschi Frias (FI-UBA, ARGENTINA)
● Carlos I. Chesñevar (LIDIA - UNS, ARGENTINA)
● Daniela Godoy (ISISTAN-UNICEN, ARGENTINA
● Diego Martínez (LIDIA - UNS, ARGENTINA)
● Diego Milone (FICH-UNL, ARGENTINA)
● Edgardo Ferretti (LIDIC - UNSL, ARGENTINA)
● Eduardo Fermé (Universidade da Madeira, PORTUGAL)
● Facundo Bromberg (UTN-FRM, ARGENTINA)
● Gabriela Henning (INTEC-UNL, ARGENTINA)
● Guillermo Leguizamón (UNSL, ARGENTINA)
● Guillermo R. Simari (LIDIA - UNS, ARGENTINA)
● Hector Geffner (Universidad Pompeu Fabra - SPAIN)
● Jessica Carballido (LIDeCC - UNS, ARGENTINA)
● Ignacio Ponzoni (LIDeCC - UNS, ARGENTINA)
● Juan Carlos Augusto (University of Ulster - UNITED KINGDOM)
● Juan Carlos Gómez (UNR, ARGENTINA)
● Laura Cecchi (UNComahue, ARGENTINA)
● Leonardo Rufiner (FICH-UNL, ARGENTINA)
● Lluis Godo (Institut d'Investigació en Intel.ligència Artificia, SPAIN)
● Ma. Carolina Monard (USP, BRASIL)
● Ma. de los Milagros Gutiérrez (CIDISI-UTN-FRSF, ARGENTINA)
● Ma. Laura Caliusco (CIDISI-UTN-FRSF, ARGENTINA)
● Ma. Laura Cobo (UNS, ARGENTINA)
● Marc Strickert (Science and Technology University of Siegen, GERMANY)
● Marcelo Errecalde (UNSL, ARGENTINA)
● Marcelo Albornoz (FICH-UNL, ARGENTINA)
● Pablo F. Verdes (Man Research Lab Oxford, UNITED KINGDOM)
● Pablo Granitto (CIFASIS, ARGENTINA)
● Rafael Calvo (The University of Sydney - AUSTRALIA)
● Ricardo Rodríguez (DC-UBA, ARGENTINA)
● Ruben Armañanzas (Universidad Politécnica de Madrid, SPAIN)
● Sebastian Sardiña (RMIT, AUSTRALIA)
● Silvia Schiaffino (ISISTAN-UNICEN, ARGENTINA)
Prospective authors are invited to contribute high-quality papers to ASAI 2012. All papers will be subject to double-blind peer review and have to be submitted electronically through the conference website. An online system will be available soon to submit the articles. Delayed submissions, not adjusting to paper format and length, will most likely be rejected.
The submission of manuscripts can be in English (preferably) or Spanish, and must follow the format available at http://www.springer.de/comp/lncs/authors.html. The page limit for a full paper is 12 pages. All contributions should be submitted in PDF format. Information on the format of the camera-ready copy will be forwarded with the acceptance letter. ASAI 2012 seeks original contributions in a wide spectrum of Artificial Intelligence, ranging from state-of-the-art academic research to industrial and business applications having a significant impact. The symposium will consist of regular paper sessions presenting mature work (full papers) in theoretical research and applications. Each accepted paper must be presented in the symposium, and the presenter must be registered in the conference.
All the symposia at 41 JAIIO use SADIO's conference management system to handle submissions. To upload your contribution you first need to register and sign in. The following links provide detailed instructions about registration and submission, direct access to the user registration form, and direct access to the submission form.
Detailed instructions about registration and submission (opens in a new window)
SADIO's Conference Management System registration page
Submission page (registered users only)
Special issue journal "Inteligencia Artificial"
The authors of the best papers written en English, which have also received good reviews during presentation at the conference, will be invited to submit extended versions of their works. These will be subjected to a second peer review and those selected will be published by the an Special Issue of the Journal "Inteligencia Artificial" (IberoAmerican Journal of Artificial Intelligence, ISSN: 1137-3601).
● AI Development, Tools and Methodologies
● AI Foundations (philosophy, epistemology, economics, etc.)
● Machine Learning
● Intelligent Agents and Multi-Agent Systems
● Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining
● Human-Computer Interaction
● Virtual Reality
● Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition
● Evolutionary Computation
● Innovative applications of Artificial Intelligence (Bioinformatics, Computational - Biology, Education, Internet, Law, Music, etc.)
● Knowledge Acquisition
● Knowledge Representation and Reasoning
● Knowledge Engineering
● Natural Language Processing
● Speech Processing
● Image Processing
● Planning and Scheduling
- April 30th, 2012 : Deadline for submissions of papers May 21st, 2012 *DEADLINE EXTENDED*
- June 26th, 2012 : Notification of Acceptance/Rejection.
- June 30th, 2012 : Auhtor Registration. IMPORTANT: each article MUST HAVE an author registered to JAIIO, otherwise the article will be excluded from the program.
- July 10th, 2012 : Deadline for camera ready submissions.
Call for Papers
For further information, please send an e-mail to: email@example.com